My gorgeous niece Kelsey, a very special + important player in the BBB team, made the most INCREDIBLE Vegan Earl Grey cake for our Blend Your Own Tea workshop using our Director's Notes loose leaf Earl Grey tea.
It was so moist and delicious - I can hardly...
Here is the recipe for you all to enjoy, with her compliments.
Thanks Kels x
VEGAN EARL GREY CAKE
- 1 and 3/4 cups (220g) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup (200g) White Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup (240ml) Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or sub canola oil or other vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar (or sub Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 4 tsp Brewed By Belinda Director's Notes (earl grey)
- Betty Crocker vanilla frosting
- 1 orange (zest)
1. Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius
2. Add milk and earl grey to blender
3. Let infuse for 5-10 minutes
4. Blend until earl grey is in small pieces
5. Add all dry ingredients to large bowl and combine
6. Add all wet ingredients and whisk
7. Use nuttelex to grease cake tin, add mixture to cake tin
8. Cook for 30-50 minutes depending on depth of cake tin
9. Once cooked through let cake cool, ice cake and top with orange zest
Prepare for absolute deliciousness!
We recommend you pair this cake with our Director's Notes, Warm Up or Chookas Chai black teas.
Happy Baking and Happy Brewing! x