Vegan 'Chookas Chai' Infused Cinnamon Scrolls
Oh my goodness!
Honestly my niece Kelsey Hellyer is the total best!
Not only does she hand blend and package our beautiful organic teas + tisanes with the utmost care and big time love, she is always getting creative with tea in the kitchen. Love it!
Being Vegan, she loves to find ways to incorporate tea into plant based recipes. These Vegan cinnamon scrolls, infused with our award-winning aromatic black masala chai blend Chookas Chai are so amazing! There are no words to describe how good they taste served warm with syrup, with all the rich masala chai spices having a dance off in your mouth. They are the perfect morning, afternoon or dessert time plant based treat.
Here is the recipe for your pleasure, courtesy of the beautiful Kelsey. Thank you so much Kels for all you bring to Brewed By Belinda. Eternally grateful for you x
- 2 cups of oat milk (room temperature). Can use different plant based milk
- 6 tsp of Brewed By Belinda’s Chookas Chai
- 1/2 cup Nuttelex (melted)
- 1/4 raw sugar
- 1 packet of active dry yeast
- 5 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Nuttelex
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbs ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbs oat milk (can use different plant based milk)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Evenly grease the sides and bottom of 2 medium size glass or tin dishes with nuttelex.
2. Add oat milk and Chookas Chai to a blender and let sit for 10 minutes to infuse.
3. Blitz oat milk until the chai is in smaller pieces.
4. In a large bowl whisk together room temperature oat milk, melted nuttelex and sugar.
5. Evenly coat the mixture with yeast packet and let sit for 1 minute.
6. Mix in 5 cups of flour and 1 tsp of salt until well combined.
7. Cover the bowl and let sit for 1 hour, the mixture should double in size.
8. Add the additional 1/2 cup of flour and mix until combined.
9. Flour a clean surface.
10. Roll out dough into a large rectangle to be about 1cm thick.
11. With a knife or spatula coat the dough in 3/4 cup of nuttelex.
12. Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon evenly over the dough.
13. From the longest side roll up the dough forming a long roll and pinch the seam closed.
14. Cut off uneven ends.
15. Place seam side down and cut the roll into 16 even pieces.
16. Place 8 pieces into each greased dish, let sit for 30 minutes to completely rise.
17. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees F).
18. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
19. Prepare icing by whisking ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
20. Evenly drizzle icing over scrolls.
21. Serve warm!
Prepare for absolute deliciousness!
Happy Baking and Happy Brewing! x